Hola GoGo gang! It's February 22nd...National Margarita Day!
While there is some debate about who actually “invented” the drink, there is no doubt that Americans love their margaritas. Whether you prefer the frozen variety or old-fashioned on the rocks variety, margaritas are one of America’s most popular drinks.
To celebrate, we're debuting our first recipe made with GoGo squeeZ. That's right folks, we put an adult twist on your kids' favorite snack and concocted the GoGo-Rita! (Not that we need to say it but we're sayin' it anyway...) This is for all you hard working parents, coaches, teachers, athletes, single women, fitness guru's, and YOU! We think you deserve a little extra 'sauce' in your life for being awesome. This is not intended for anyone under 21.
The recipe is super simple and easy to make, not to mention refreshingly gogolicious.
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 oz tequila
- 1 oz apple brandy
- 1 pouch of GoGo squeeZ appleapple applesauce
- 1 oz sour mix
- cinnamon and sugar for glass rimming
- apple wedge for garnish
1. Pour the ingredients into a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. If desired, wet the rim of a chilled margarita glass with apple brandy and rim the glass with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
4. Pour contents into the glass.
5. Garnish with the green apple wedge.
If you don't want a Go-Gorita with alcohol in it...try a 'mocktail'! Substitute brandy and tequila for lemon-lime soda. Just as yummy ;)
Cheers... and olé!