Take traditional tag up a notch with a fun twist. In tree tag, bases are only safe for the first two people to get there. So you better be quick!
HOW TO PLAY
- Create and attach labels to 3-5 trees, making them bases.
- Give each player a marker—make sure everyone’s color is different.
- The person who’s “IT” covers his/her eyes while all the kids scatter.
- The “IT” player tries to tag friends before they make it to one of the tree bases.
- The players run to one of the bases and quickly marks it with an X using their marker. After two Xs, the tree is no longer a free zone.
- The last player out is the next “IT.”
- Open space with trees
- Packing tape
- Blank paper