Run, catch, dodge—do whatever you have to do to not spell out SPUD. This fast-paced game is the perfect way to get out some of your kiddo’s extra energy.
HOW TO PLAY
- Each friend is assigned a random number, making sure there are more numbers than friends. (Example: 20 friends, give out numbers 1-25).
- One player throws a ball in the air and calls out one of the numbers.
- If you’re number is called, you have to catch the ball and yell “SPUD.”
- If you’re number isn’t called, run as fast as you can.
- The player who catches the ball takes three large steps and tosses or rolls the ball to hit the nearest friend below the waist.
- You can try to dodge the ball as long as you don’t move your feet.
- If you get hit, you get a letter (starting out with “S”).
- If you don’t get hit, the thrower gets the letter.
- The friend who gets the letter is the next to toss.
- If an invalid or unassigned number gets called, the person who’s last to run towards the ball gets the letter.
- The first person to spell “SPUD” is out.