Kids will love getting a cookie as an after-school snack and you’ll feel good about serving this lower sugar, higher protein cookie recipe. If nut allergies are a concern, sunflower seed butter makes a tasty swap for the peanut butter.
- 1½ cups gluten-free old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup natural peanut butter or sunflower seed butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 GoGo squeeZ Banana YogurtZ pouches
- 1 GoGo squeeZ Apple Cinnamon pouch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Note: If packing for school, pack plain cookie with pouch of GoGo squeeZ Banana YogurtZ. When time to eat, your child can add the drizzle and enjoy the remaining yogurt with the cookie.
- CONTRIBUTED BY: DEANNA SEGRAVE-DALY Deanna Segrave-Daly, RD is a food-loving dietitian from Philadelphia who works as a spokesperson, recipe developer and blogger. She shares nutritious family recipes, healthy kitchen hacks and culinary tips at www.teaspoonofspice.com.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Add oats to a blender and pulverize until a fine flour is formed.
In a small bowl, mix together oat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together peanut butter (or sunflower seed butter), brown sugar, 1 GoGo squeeZ Banana YogurtZ pouches, 1 GoGo squeeZ Apple Cinnamon pouch and vanilla extract. Beat until well blended.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; mix thoroughly.
Form dough into 16 balls and place each on baking sheet. Flatten each ball with palm of your hand.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes before moving them to a rack to cool completely.
Right before serving, use the remaining pouch of GoGo squeeZ Banana YogurtZ to drizzle the “frosting” over top of each cookie.*